Events & Promo
Bachelor of Human Science
Community and health services is the fastest-growing job sector in Australia due to a greater focus on support for people who are vulnerable and disadvantaged, and an ageing population. One in four new jobs created between 2013 and 2018 will be in community services and the health industry.
This course can equip you to work in this dynamic area and give you the skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- This course offers a large amount of flexibility you’ll be given the time to explore a range of interests and career options before committing to a specific discipline.
- You’ll have the opportunity to major in 1 or even 2 areas that particularly interest you.
- You’ll connect knowledge about human services and wellbeing with biology, psychology, linguistics, sociology, education and health.
- You’ll learn to use scientific enquiry to critically assess situations and help to provide human health, community and well-being services.
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in Macquarie’s PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) program which takes you out of the lecture theatre and gives you the chance to gain relevant workplace experience in a professional or community setting.
- You can combine this course with one of Macquarie’s highly sought-after psychology courses.
- Completion of certain majors provides the required academic background for postgraduate study in areas such as physiotherapy (Human Movement major) and audiology.
Bachelor of Psychology
This degree will provide you with a scientific understanding of the psychological processes that underlie behaviour. You’ll get exposure to a wide range of fundamental psychological concepts, as well as to more specialised areas such as child psychology, neuropsychology, social and personality psychology, health psychology, organisational psychology, cognition and perception, and psychopathology.
- Skills gained in the collection, evaluation and critical analysis of data will enhance employment opportunities in all fields and industries.
- You’ll have the opportunity to partner psychology units with science and social science units, allowing you to learn how psychological practice and theory are deeply rooted in scientific evidence and how that evidence is obtained through research.
- In the 3rd year, you’ll have the opportunity to gain relevant workplace experience in a professional or community setting that’s relevant to psychology.
- A key feature of this degree is the capstone unit you’ll undertake in your third year, which will provide you with skills to seamlessly transfer into the workplace.
- Your learning will be enhanced by our outstanding health precinct facilities, including the Australian Hearing Hub, the Simulation Hub and Macquarie University Hospital.
- This degree is accredited with conditions by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council.
- Macquarie is ranked among the top 100 institutions in the world and third in New South Wales for psychology (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2018).
- Macquarie is ranked number one in Sydney for overall employability in psychology (QILT, 2017).
|Macquarie University ASEAN Scholarship||A$10,000|
|Macquarie University Alumni Scholarship||10% Off Tuition Fees|
|ASEAN Partner Scholarship||Up to A$15,000|
|MGSM Scholarships and Awards||Up to A$25,000|
|Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship||100% Up to 4 Years|
Need help with your studies to Macquarie?Speak With Us Today
*Note: The indicated course fees is per annum based and based on completing a standard full time study load. Fees may increase yearly.