World’s Top #50
Bachelor of Veterinary Science(Honours)
This 5-year program equips you with the latest knowledge and skills to apply medical, diagnostic and therapeutic principles to all major animal groups. It was developed in consultation with industry and researchers. Work with animals from your first semester, learn about animal handling, husbandry and business management, and undertake pre-clinical vacation placements on working farms or with other enterprises.
- UQ’s field of veterinary science is ranked 38th in the world (2018 QS World University Rankings by Subject).
- UQ’s Veterinary Science (Honours) is the only undergraduate veterinary degree in Australia that is internationally accredited in the USA, Canada, the UK, South Africa, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
- During your degree you will gain work experience everywhere from UQ hospitals to farms, veterinary clinics and other animal health enterprises in Australia or internationally.
- Australasian Veterinary Boards Council Inc
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Malaysia Veterinary Council
Bachelor of Biotechnology (Honours)
Biotechnology applies scientific and engineering principles to living organisms in order to produce products and services of value to society. It is used in processes ranging from cheese production, brewing, and wastewater management, through to drug design and gene therapy.
This program examines microorganisms, plants and animals in the context of the discovery, understanding, improvement and development of viable products or activities. The discipline combines elements from many areas such as molecular genetics, microbiology, immunology, physics, chemistry, engineering and mathematics.
- Optional 8–12 week summer internship with UQ’s industry partners.
- Bachelors of Engineering (Honours)/Biotechnology (Honours)
Bachelor of Science
The Bachelor of Science is a versatile degree that provides students with the optimal balance between a defined sequence of study and flexible course options. Students will study an extensive range of courses underpinned by cutting edge research and develop high levels of personal initiative, independent thinking and communication skills. Graduates will be qualified for employment opportunities in a wide array of science and non-science industries.
- UQ’s broad field of natural sciences is ranked 67th in the world (2018 QS World University Rankings by Subject).
- UQ’s science academics have won some of Australia’s highest scientific accolades, including 3 Eureka prizes, 2 Fenner Medals from the Australian Academy of Science and over 20 Fellowships of the Australian Academy of Science.
- The Bachelor of Science is popular both as a pathway to Medicine, or as a way to improve your entry rank for programs like Engineering, Veterinary Science, or Pharmacy
Multiple options available, please contact AECC’s counsellors for more details.
UQ is one of the largest science faculties in Australia with some of the world’s leading
scientists, teachers, science programs and commercial outcomes.
As a student, you will network with industry partners and work for organisations and companies during professional placements or internships. This hands-on approach is why our graduates enjoy high employability rates and attractive starting salaries.Consider UQ
|Science International Scholarship||$3000|
|Malaysia Global Leader Scholarship||$5,000-$10,000 off tuition fees|
|UQ Economics Scholarship – Malaysia||50% of the tuition fees|
|MBA Student Scholarship||25% of the tuition fees|
|Miriam E. Wippell Undergraduate Scholarship||$750 per semester (1st year)|
|International Scholarship in Conservation Biology||Up to $10,000|
|UQ Sport Scholarship Ambassador Program||$1,500 support services|
|HASS Scholarships for Excellence||$10,000 tuition fee|
|Master of Pharmaceutical Industry Practice International Student Scholarship||$5,000- $10,000 tuition fees|
|EAIT International Award- Year 12||$10,000 tuition fees (1 year)|
|Foundation Year Scholarship||25% off tuition fees|
*Note: The indicated course fees is per annum based and based on completing a standard full time study load. Fees may increase yearly.