Dublin City University (DCU) is one of the top youngest institutions in Ireland that introduced a fresh and unconventional approach to the Irish education system. The University is committed to transforming the society through education, research and innovation. DCU has a high reputation for its strong links with academic research partners over the world.
The innovation-driven university offers a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses of the highest international quality. The 45-year-old university rapidly established itself among the top universities in the world for its specialisation in business studies and education. DCU’s All Hollows foundation course is regarded as one of the best orientation programs in Ireland.
The mission of the university is to transform lives and society through education, research and innovation and they have been successfully living upto this mission for 45 years.
With over 1/5th of its student population being international students from over 100 different countries, they are the heart of DCU’s success.
Dublin City University was the first to introduce paid work placements in Ireland as a part of its degree programme giving students an advantage with employment in comparison to the other universities.
The Alumni of the university are incredibly successful in their careers, for example; Lorraine Twohill who is currently the CMO of Google, Enda Kenny the former Irish Taoiseach [prime minister] among others.
Why study at Dublin City University
- DCU is a rapidly growing university in Ireland with a strong reputation for world-class research.
- DCU ensures that students receive personalised attention and opportunities to develop themselves academically, professionally and personally.
- 92% of DCU graduates are employed or in further study within 6 months of their graduation.
- DCU introduced paid work placements as a compulsory element to certain courses.
- DCU offers a vibrant environment with top-class facilities.
- The university is established near the airport and is connected by around 19 different bus routes.
- According to THE World University Ranking, DCU ranked in the top 600 universities in the world in 2021.
- DCU ranked in the top 50 Universities in the world under 50 under EduCO International.
- DCU ranked #19 in Ireland for graduate employment in the year 2020 under the QS world rankings.
DCU has a wide range of courses offered to students. However, it specialises in the following key programs.
The Dublin City University offers scholarship to international students with a focus on their key programs. Below, is a list of the popular scholarships programs.
- DCU Merit scholarships
- Irish Government scholarships
- PhD in the business school scholarship scheme
- PhD in the Law School scholarship scheme
- John Thompson scholarship 2020 for M.Sc in digital marketing
- Laa Geoffrey O’ Byrne White Memorial scholarship for M.Sc in management
- Teagasc PhD Walsh scholarship for international students
Study at Dublin City University to advance your career in the right direction and to engage in their excellent innovative and research programs.