Maynooth University was established in 1997 and quickly earned its reputation as a fast-growing institution known for its innovation and creativity. Maynooth University traces its origin back to one of the oldest universities in Ireland, The Royal College of St. Patrick founded in 1795, providing students with an ancient campus and rich heritage to carry on.
Maynooth University is a research-led institution with over 13,000 students from more than 90 countries. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate courses, international programs and partnerships.
Maynooth University promotes an interdisciplinary approach to research to tackle the challenges faced in society today. The university prioritises research for students to learn better. The courses are designed for students to think critically and communicate effectively.
The student experience in the university is exciting and helps students attain new knowledge while expanding boundaries. Students have numerous opportunities to learn outside the classroom from co-curricular activities such as work placement or volunteering.
Maynooth University has excellent faculty and two Nobel Peace prize winners among its staff and alumni.
Why study at Maynooth University
- Academic development and social experiences of the students are the priority at Maynooth University.
- Students have the option to combine interesting subjects across arts and science.
- Students can pursue a modern language alongside any degree.
- Maynooth has 8 cutting edge research institutes on campus, which allows students to advance their careers.
- Maynooth university maintains strong links with global businesses located in Ireland’s Silicon Valley. For instance, google, hp, intel.
- Maynooth University has excellent bus and rail connectivity to Dublin.
- The university ranks #43 in top youngest universities in the world by Times Higher Education in 2020.
- The university ranked in the top 250 universities in the world for physical and social sciences in 2021.
- The university ranked in the top 500 universities in the world by Times Higher Education in 2021.
- The university ranked in the top 750 universities in the world by the QS world ranking in 2021.
Maynooth University offers excellent undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. The key programs are listed below:
Maynooth University extends a variety of scholarship programs to students. They are listed below:
- MU entrance scholarship
- Micheal Osborne equine business scholarships
- Music scholarships for first and second
- The Naughton Scholarships for undergraduate STEM entrants
- Intel women in technology undergraduate scholarships
- Google Women Techmakers Undergraduate Scholars Award
Study at Maynooth University to get an opportunity to explore a variety of courses designed at your convenience to achieve your dreams.