We’re glad to see you again! Let’s learn something new about the field of business, shall we? Read the blog and learn what is Triple Crown and how you can benefit by choosing a business course that has triple accreditations.
1. What is Triple Crown? Is accreditation important to a business degree?
Triple crown or Triple accreditation is one of the most recognized and valuable accreditation. The three accreditations are:
|Association of MBA’s (AMBA)||
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB)
EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
AACSB & EQUIS are harder to get and therefore any business school that has these accreditations is guaranteed to hold a reputable position.
2. How important or useful are these accreditations in choosing a business degree?
These accreditations ensure that the degrees are of a high standard in terms of educational experiences and other key factors, such as duration, programme content, location and cost. Only 1% of all business schools in the world have triple accreditation.
New Zealand only has 8 universities, and 4 of them have triple accreditation! They are as follows:
- University of Auckland Business School
- University of Waikato Faculty of Management, Hamilton
- Victoria University of Wellington, Victoria Business School, Wellington
- University of Canterbury Business School
3. Aren’t universities in the USA more famous for studying business degrees than other countries like Australia and New Zealand?
Universities in Australia like QUT Business School, Monash University & The University of Sydney Business School and those in New Zealand have triple crowns. Their business degrees mean that they can open your career doors as they are well recognized in both European and US continents’ firms even if they don’t graduate from the countries.
4. What advice do you have if I am only interested in a particular major in my business degrees such as say, Marketing or Human Resources?
Well, it is great that you have really decided on a business major to specialize in. You will be pleased to know that different universities have dedicated research centers for different business majors. For example:
The University of South Australia - Marketing
- Global leader in the field of Brand Management research.
- Business courses are among the top 1% worldwide.
- Students can take up the 3+1 Pathway to Masters package and finish both their undergraduate and postgraduate degree within four years.
- Benefit from the Business Internship Program and experience an integrated learning experience.
- Has an in-house Marketing Clinic supervised by marketing experts who would offer advice to small and medium-sized businesses.
The University of Western Australia - Human Resources
- Accredited by the Australian Human Resources Institute.
- This course integrates both theory and practical work.
- Flexible - students can manage both work and studies.
5. Is it a must to pursue a master’s degree? When would one require a master’s degree?
No, it’s not a must. However, a master’s degree will help you to have a deeper understanding of a particular field, and thereby increases your proficiency and gives you the added advantage to build your skillset. Furthermore, it provides you with the essential skills that will increase your chances of landing in a higher position instead of an entry-level position.
6. If I’m keen on studying engineering, but my parents want me to study Business. What do I do in this case?
You should start with Engineering as your first degree because you can always go for Master in Business degree as your second degree. It will be hard to do Business as your first degree and then engineering as your second degree because engineering degrees are usually accredited by professional bodies as an undergraduate degree. Many degrees like MBA and MEngineering Business are for these students. Also, there are some universities offering business engineering as double degrees program.
7. Do I need to have a business degree to be in business?
Not everyone who runs a business holds a degree in business. Nonetheless, earning a business degree will help you gain a better understanding of the business field. According to Lauren Grech, CEO and co-founder of international event management firm LLG Events, people wishing to pursue a career in the business sector should have sufficient knowledge about the field and know basic concepts of the sector such that they could have better career prospects.