Study Chemical Engineering
Chemical Engineering Course Overview
Are you interested in learning the essentials of chemistry to solve real-world problems and create innovative new products and technologies? In chemical engineering, you'll discover how chemical engineers use their knowledge of chemistry, physics, and mathematics to design and operate processes that convert raw materials into useful products.
From developing new medicines to creating more sustainable energy sources, chemical engineers play a vital role in shaping the world around us. You'll explore the latest trends and technologies in the field and discover how chemical engineers address some of the most pressing challenges that face society today.
Whether you're interested in designing a new process for producing biofuels or creating a sustainable water purification system, a chemical engineering degree will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. So, get ready to dive into the exciting world of chemical engineering and discover how you can make a difference in the world!
Why Study A Chemical Engineering Course Abroad?
Have you ever contemplated a chemical engineering degree outside of Malaysia? Pursuing chemical engineering abroad can give you numerous opportunities that studying in Malaysia may not provide. Here are some reasons why it may be the right choice for you:
- Chemical engineering abroad offers a variety of top-ranked universities and research centres that specialise in the field. But there is also an abundance of career opportunities available after graduation.
- Exploring chemical engineering abroad could provide you with the opportunity to experience different educational perspectives and modules, which can further your knowledge of the topic and make your studies more enriching.
- To gain a comprehensive grasp of the chemical engineering domain, the coursework in top study-abroad destinations includes project designs and internships that are beneficial to developing an intricate understanding through hands-on experience.
Program Structure for Chemical Engineering Courses
- The curriculum typically begins with foundational courses in maths, science, and engineering, such as calculus, physics, and chemistry. As you progress through the program, you will take more specialised courses in areas such as thermodynamics, transport phenomena, and reaction kinetics.
- You will get to participate in a senior design project. This project will be a group project where students apply their knowledge and skills in chemical engineering to design, build, and test a real-world chemical process or system.
- Chemical engineering degrees are structured to provide students a comprehensive education on the field, with a balance of theoretical and practical components. Students will gain a deep understanding of the principles of chemical engineering, as well as the skills and experience necessary to apply that knowledge to real-world problems.
Subjects that will be covered:
- Chemistry and materials
- Computing for chemical engineers
- Heat, mass, and momentum
- Plant design
- Process systems and operations
- Separation processes
Requirements to Study Chemical Engineering Courses Abroad
There are a few prerequisites that you need to meet to apply for chemical engineering courses abroad – check out the table below.
|1.||Bachelor's||3 to 4 years||
|2.||Master’s||1 to 2 years||
In terms of English proficiency, you must have taken either the IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE exams, depending on your university’s requirements.
Career Prospects and Scope of Chemical Engineering Abroad
Globally, the chemical engineering industry is rapidly expanding, with an increasing demand for skilled professionals in areas such as process design, plant operations, and project management. As a chemical engineer, you will have the chance to work on cutting-edge technology and research projects that have the potential to shape the future of industries and society as a whole.
As a chemical engineer, you'll get to work on some stimulating projects that have the potential to shape the future of industries and society. You'll be able to use your skills to design, develop and optimise chemical processes and equipment to produce a wide range of products such as fuels, drugs, food, and many more.
Chemical engineering is a diverse and exciting field with many opportunities for growth and development. It is a field that is continuously evolving and adapting to new technologies and trends, so you'll always have something new to learn and work on.
Here’s a list of various career paths within Chemical Engineering:
- Plant manager
- Wastewater engineer
- Chemical engineer
- Petroleum engineer
- Nuclear engineer
- Product process engineer
- Quality assurance engineer
- Analytical scientist
- Formulation engineer
- Environmental engineer
- Process engineer
- Biomedical engineer
Best Countries to Study Chemical Engineering Degree
If you're looking for top-ranking universities to study chemical engineering abroad, look no further than these study destinations:
These study destinations offer the best education in terms of faculty and modules. You'll be able to choose from a variety of courses to suit your needs while also having the option to divert from your original course and embark on a new and fascinating adventure instead. Education isn't the only thing you'll gain from these experiences. You'll also be graduating with a new perspective, a sense of adventure, and a renewed passion for learning.
Best Universities to Study Chemical Engineering
There are many great universities to study Chemical Engineering abroad and work in this field after graduation. We have selectively chosen a few such institutions, and it is worth noting that a Chemical Engineering degree obtained from any of these universities is widely acknowledged on a global scale.
- University of Bath
- University of Surrey
- Heriot-Watt University
- The University Of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- The University of Queensland
- University of New South Wales
- Monash University
- Curtin University
Head over to the nearest AECC office or fill out the inquiry form to obtain in-depth information about these study destinations, the best universities to attend, and how to get started on pursuing your desired degree in chemical engineering.
Frequently Asked Questions
In terms of the most high-paying jobs, these are the top five standouts:
- Production engineer
- Process engineer
- Nuclear engineer
- Plant manager
- Petroleum engineer
Chemical engineering is a field with a bright future as it is critical in the production of materials, fuels, and chemicals that are essential for modern society. Also, the field is expanding into new areas, such as biotechnology and nanotechnology, providing even more opportunities for chemical engineers.
In order to pursue a chemical engineering degree, it is necessary to have an in-depth understanding of chemistry and mathematics. Furthermore, having knowledge in other scientific disciplines, such as physics, biology, or computer science, can be very advantageous.
We See Your Potential and Help You to Study Chemical Engineering Abroad That Adds Significant Value to Your Future.
Our international education counsellors proactively guide and support the international students in choosing the top-ranking universities and the best courses to achieve their career goal. We make sure our students are provided with personalised support when applying to study Chemical Engineering abroad.