Why study in the UK?
The UK is home to 2 of the oldest 4 universities in the world – Oxford University – founded in 1096, and Cambridge University – founded in 1209.
As universities with significant global recognition (as well as the many other tertiary institutions in the UK), studying there will get your career off to an excellent start.
The UK is also the home of the English language – so if it’s not your first language, it may well be by the time you finish your studies, giving you an edge in the job market upon graduation.Speak With Us Today
The UK Education System
As of 2017, there are 109 universities in England and a further 21 across Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. So for such a small land mass, the UK certainly has a strong concentration of university level education.
And of those universities, 4 of them rank in the top 6 best universities in the world. With over 50,000 undergraduate courses available, you’ll also be spoilt for choices when it comes to study. So it’s a great place to find the right course for you.
The cost of studying in the UK
Students from over 200 different countries choose to study in the UK due to its affordability and high standards of education.
Studying in the UK costs between USD$10,000 and $17,000 per year depending on your course of study, and living costs average between USD$10,000 and $13,000 per year.
The great thing about studying in the UK though is that you can work for up to 20 hours per week during term time, and full time when you’re on holidays.
So there’s every opportunity to make the cost of your studies more achievable.
Post study employment options
The UK has an employer-sponsored visa program whereby you need to have a position offered to you to apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa.
This can give you residency for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days, after which you’ll have to return home to your country of origin.
Whether you apply to return beyond that or not, there are plenty of graduate career options available during your time in the UK, especially in the fields of: Engineering, Healthcare, Arts & Entertainment, as well as numerous roles in Science, Business and Teaching.Speak With Us Today
Preparing for study: a step-by-step guide
to applications and visa requirements
- Register With AECC Global And Talk With An Education Counsellor
- Register with UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) With Our Help
- Find a course from the more than 50,000 available
- Find the right university that suits your preferences and budget (we have great working relationships with many UK universities)
- Apply online with our assistance (we’ll make it easier)
- Apply for your Tier 4 (General) student visa with our help
- Collect Student Visa Document
- Wait for your approval
- Collect Passport & go
5 great reasons to study in the UK
- Arguably, you’ll be studying at the best universities in the world
- Learn from leading thinkers in science and technology
- Career prospects – studying at a UK institution like Cambridge or Oxford has instant recognition with employers worldwide
- 442,000 international students choose the UK to study in each year – that’s a lot of great reasons why you should too
- The UK is just a short plane ride from the deserts of Morocco, the rolling hillsides of France and the snow covered mountains of the Swiss alps. Adventure awaits every weekend.
Our study partners in the UK
What our students say about us
Don’t just take our word for it, check out what our satisfied students are saying about us
"Very efficient and helpful. Thanks to AECC, the whole process was done quickly and smoothly without even having to go their office. Special thanks to Ms Mei Pei Tan for being available to answer my questions at any time. Definitely recommend it to everyone."
"Great service and extremely helpful! Don't even have to worry about travelling to their centre. Thanks a lot! Definitely recommended @MeiPei"
Talk with an AECC Global Education
Counsellor today about studying in the UK
Studying in the UK could set your career up for life.
For a free consultation with an Education Counsellor,
simply leave your details below and we’ll contact you soon.