Recognised internationally, Macquarie University is consistently ranked in the top two per cent of universities in the world* and within the top 10 in Australia*.
Macquarie University’s research is leading the way in ground-breaking discoveries. The academics are at the forefront of innovation and, as accomplished researchers, and they are embracing the opportunity to tackle the big issues of our time.
Why Choose Macquarie
Top 100 in the world
(QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2018)
Australia’s Best Employability Program, PACE
(2017 AFR Higher Education Award)
Student Exchange to more than 40 countries
PACE (Professional & Community Engagement) partnerships
Internships & Job Opportunities
Macquarie Park Innovation District
Macquarie University is a key partner in the Macquarie Park Innovation District (MPID) – Australia’s premier innovation hub. Home to Macquarie University Hospital and more than 180 large international organisations and 200 small businesses, the vibrant technology park is set to transform the way collaboration and innovation are catalysed.
What better way to connect with future employers in some of the country’s leading organisations than by studying alongside them. With access to MPID’s incubators, innovation spaces and a dynamic events program, Students will be in a prime position to network with some of the best entrepreneurial minds.
Want to know more about Macquarie University?Speak With Us Today
Bachelor of Actuarial Studies
Actuaries specialise in applying mathematical, statistical and financial analysis to business, finance and insurance. Actuaries advise government, financial institutions and other organisations on financial management, risk management, product design and complex transactions. They are key to helping financial institutions and other businesses all over the world to prosper. In this professionally accredited course, you’ll learn how to apply mathematical, statistical, economic and financial analysis to a range of practical problems in long-term risk management, finance and insurance.
- You’ll complete part, or all, of the Foundation level and the university component of the Associateship level professional qualifications of the Actuaries Institute, subject to demonstrating superior academic performance in the relevant units.
- You’ll undertake a range of units in actuarial science, statistics, finance and economics.
- You’ll have the opportunity to complete a capstone unit.
- Macquarie is recognised as a Centre of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries.
This course is accredited by the Actuaries Institute.
Bachelor of Business Administration
In today’s globalised world, where competition among businesses is at an all-time high, there are very few careers in which a comprehensive knowledge of business isn’t revered. The best business administrators are equally talented at managing numbers as they are at managing people – they’re leaders, strategic thinkers, creative problem solvers and innovators.
Studying Business Administration at Macquarie will allow you to develop your skills in accounting, business, ethics, management, marketing and strategy, all of which are key competencies you’ll need to succeed in today’s dynamic global business environment.
- You’ll develop a broad skill set suitable for a range of roles with national and multinational organisations.
- Flexible unit choices allow you to follow your interests.
- You can combine this course with another to focus on areas, such as accounting, law or organisational psychology.
- You’ll have opportunities to get real-world experience with leading Australian organisations through internships, as well as the option of studying overseas with partner universities.
Bachelor of Business Analytics
The world is undergoing a data revolution each day where 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are created or replicated. Big data has become big business, and individuals with the ability to extract value from these data sources are in demand across the globe.
Developed and refined in consultation with industry so content is always current and relevant, this course equips you with the knowledge and skills to help businesses better understand their consumers, innovate, reduce their risk and maximise opportunities.
- In-depth training in multiple disciplines provides you with qualitative skills (graphic presentation and information communication), quantitative skills (modelling and statistics), computing skills (business information/intelligence systems and programming) and business training (accounting, business analytics, forecasting and management).
- You’ll gain the broad-based training you need to appeal to a variety of potential employers.
- You’ll acquire an integrated body of core technical knowledge relating to business analytics and information systems, and their applications within a business environment.
Bachelor of Commerce Professional Accounting
Accounting is often referred to as the language of business. Understanding this language means accountants hold the privileged position of being key contributors to a business’ success. Armed with such skills, accountants can apply their knowledge in any number of dynamic industries.
This course enables you to understand the challenges and issues facing the world and the accounting profession at present, and helps you meet the requirements for professional accreditation in accounting.
- You’ll gain essential accounting and reporting knowledge, as well as a range of business-related skills in assurance and audit, commercial law, economics, financial management, information systems and statistics.
- The professional accounting sequence meets the tertiary education requirements of CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA).
- Double-degree options, some of which can be completed in four years of full-time or equivalent part-time study, are available to expand your career options..
Get more info about UTS Business, Economics & Management Courses.Get in touch
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
This course has a strong focus on practical learning, and offers you the choice of six majors^. It will equip you with the kinds of skills you need to develop into a great global engineer.
Maybe you’ll have the honour of creating the next life-saving medical device, a clean water system for remote communities in Africa, or a mobile phone app that keeps children safe.
This course requires you to choose a major from the following: Electrical Engineering Electronics Engineering Mechanical Engineering Mechatronic Engineering Software Engineering Telecommunications Engineering^.
Like the program?Get in touch
Bachelor of Information Technology
Intakes: Feb, Jul
Major in Cyber Security
Macquarie’s Cyber Security major provides you with the knowledge you need to create an effective cyber security environment for commercial, private and industrial applications. It combines units from the Department of Computing with those from Security Studies and Criminology to give students practical insights into technology risks and countermeasures and the role that security management plays in the bigger picture of cyber governance.
- This course meets the standard for the professional level of the Australian Computer Society.
- The Cyber Security major provides you with the knowledge you need to create an effective cyber security environment for commercial, private and industrial applications.
- You’ll undertake a project in your final year to practice your knowledge and skills in a software development life cycle.
- Your learning is enhanced by the location in one of Australia’s leading high-tech precincts.
Major in Data Science
Data scientists work on data sets to extract knowledge and identify patterns in order to predict trends. They work at the boundaries of information technology, mathematics and statistics, employing techniques and blending processes from each of these disciplines.
Completion of this major will equip you with the strong computing, numeracy and analytical skills needed to prepare you for a successful career in the burgeoning world of data science.
- You will develop the ability to extract, process and analyse data sets, including Big Data – data sets too large for traditional data processing techniques.
- You will partner with industry to complete a final-year, real-life capstone project, ensuring you gain work-ready skills upon graduation.
- Skills gained will equip you for a wide variety of careers in information technology and data analysis, across many industries whether in corporate, government or not-for-profit sectors.
Major in Information Systems and Business Analysis
The Information Systems and Business Analysis (IS & BA) major is a cross-disciplinary major that aims to provide graduates with the necessary skills to pursue a career in Business Information Systems. Such a career requires the graduate to understand a wide range of areas related to information systems, information management, and information technology (IT) from both business and IT perspectives.
- Students develop skills and experience in information creation, storage, retrieval, quality and management in an organisational context.
- Students also will develop the ability to apply skills to both structured and unstructured problems, which is achieved through the application of concepts to real-world problems and engagement with their peers, both individually and in groups.
Games Design and Development
Angry Birds. Candy Crush. Minecraft. Call of Duty. Grand Theft Auto. Thanks to each of these, the gaming industry today is worth billions of dollars. And thanks to the proliferation of handheld devices, gaming is more accessible than ever before with people of all ages, genders and backgrounds able to get their game on.
With a thorough grounding provided in software design and development, as well as specialist units that critically appraise video games as designs and cultural media products, this course equips you with the skills you’ll need for a successful career designing and creating the next wave of popular video games and virtual worlds.
- You’ll study all aspects of video games design, development and appreciation while gaining broad programming and software engineering skills and knowledge.
- The teachings in software design and development are equivalent to those in the Software Technology major of the standard Bachelor of Information Technology.
- You’ll undertake a final-year project to practice your knowledge, which forms part of a portfolio that you can show to potential employers.
- This is the only university degree available in video games in New South Wales that combines technical skills with a critical understanding of video games.
Apply or get more information about Macquarie’s Information Technology Courses.Speak With Us Today
Bachelor of Chiropractic Science
This course – the longest-running in Australia – will prepare you for a rewarding career in one of the largest primary health professions. When you combine it with the Master of Chiropractic, you’ll be equipped to work in private practice, chiropractic sports medicine, allied health areas, health insurance assessment, medico-legal advising, work health and safety, rehabilitation and research.
- This course offers training in a wide range of diagnostic and chiropractic manipulative skills in the context of anatomical, physiological and biomedical sciences.
- It provides the prerequisite academic background to enable you to apply for entry into the Master of Chiropractic, which is required for professional registration within Australia.
- The Bachelor of Chiropractic Science and Master of Chiropractic were the first professional chiropractic degrees to be offered by a public university in the world.
- Learn how to use a range of diagnostic tools, including patient interviews, physical examination and X-rays.
- Clinical placements form part of the degree, both in University teaching clinics and in structured visits to other facilities.
- Access to our world-class anatomy labs.
Bachelor of Clinical Science
Improving lives and contributing to healthier communities is one of the most rewarding things you can do. A career in medicine or health as a doctor, physiotherapist, medical researcher or other health professional is exciting and dynamic, and provides an opportunity to make a real difference.
This innovative and fast-tracked course focuses on human clinical sciences and builds the foundational professional skills you’ll need for a career in medicine, allied health or medical research.
- This course is the ideal preparation for Macquarie’s Doctor of Medicine (Macquarie MD) – or other graduate-entry medicine program – as well as for further study in physiotherapy or for a career in a range of health and medical professions or research.
- You’ll get to your career goal sooner by fast-tracking your studies – complete your bachelor degree in two years instead of three by using additional sessions in the summer and winter breaks.
- You’ll have the option to receive targeted preparation for medical school admissions tests and interviews.
- You’ll build practical technical skills using the latest simulation technology and through working with human anatomical specimens.
- You’ll learn in an environment that is home to Macquarie University Hospital – Australia’s first and only private, not-for-profit hospital on a university campus.
- You’ll have the opportunity to undertake work experience in a healthcare setting or medical research facility.
Want to know more on the courses offer at Macquarie University?Get in touch
Bachelor of Human Science
Community and health services is the fastest-growing job sector in Australia due to a greater focus on support for people who are vulnerable and disadvantaged, and an ageing population. One in four new jobs created between 2013 and 2018 will be in community services and the health industry.
This course can equip you to work in this dynamic area and give you the skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- This course offers a large amount of flexibility you’ll be given the time to explore a range of interests and career options before committing to a specific discipline.
- You’ll have the opportunity to major in 1 or even 2 areas that particularly interest you.
- You’ll connect knowledge about human services and wellbeing with biology, psychology, linguistics, sociology, education and health.
- You’ll learn to use scientific enquiry to critically assess situations and help to provide human health, community and well-being services.
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in Macquarie’s PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) program which takes you out of the lecture theatre and gives you the chance to gain relevant workplace experience in a professional or community setting.
- You can combine this course with one of Macquarie’s highly sought-after psychology courses.
- Completion of certain majors provides the required academic background for postgraduate study in areas such as physiotherapy (Human Movement major) and audiology.
Bachelor of Psychology
This degree will provide you with a scientific understanding of the psychological processes that underlie behaviour. You’ll get exposure to a wide range of fundamental psychological concepts, as well as to more specialised areas such as child psychology, neuropsychology, social and personality psychology, health psychology, organisational psychology, cognition and perception, and psychopathology.
- Skills gained in the collection, evaluation and critical analysis of data will enhance employment opportunities in all fields and industries.
- You’ll have the opportunity to partner psychology units with science and social science units, allowing you to learn how psychological practice and theory are deeply rooted in scientific evidence and how that evidence is obtained through research.
- In the 3rd year, you’ll have the opportunity to gain relevant workplace experience in a professional or community setting that’s relevant to psychology.
- A key feature of this degree is the capstone unit you’ll undertake in your third year, which will provide you with skills to seamlessly transfer into the workplace.
- Your learning will be enhanced by our outstanding health precinct facilities, including the Australian Hearing Hub, the Simulation Hub and Macquarie University Hospital.
- This degree is accredited with conditions by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council.
- Macquarie is ranked among the top 100 institutions in the world and third in New South Wales for psychology (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2018).
- Macquarie is ranked number one in Sydney for overall employability in psychology (QILT, 2017).
|Macquarie University ASEAN Scholarship||A$10,000|
|Macquarie University Alumni Scholarship||10% Off Tuition Fees|
|ASEAN Partner Scholarship||Up to A$15,000|
|MGSM Scholarships and Awards||Up to A$25,000|
|Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship||100% Up to 4 Years|
Need help with your studies to Macquarie?Speak With Us Today
*Note: The indicated course fees is per annum based and based on completing a standard full time study load. Fees may increase yearly.