Bachelor of Information Technology
Major in Cyber Security
Macquarie’s Cyber Security major provides you with the knowledge you need to create an effective cyber security environment for commercial, private and industrial applications. It combines units from the Department of Computing with those from Security Studies and Criminology to give students practical insights into technology risks and countermeasures and the role that security management plays in the bigger picture of cyber governance.
- This course meets the standard for the professional level of the Australian Computer Society.
- The Cyber Security major provides you with the knowledge you need to create an effective cyber security environment for commercial, private and industrial applications.
- You’ll undertake a project in your final year to practice your knowledge and skills in a software development life cycle.
- Your learning is enhanced by the location in one of Australia’s leading high-tech precincts.
Major in Data Science
Data scientists work on data sets to extract knowledge and identify patterns in order to predict trends. They work at the boundaries of information technology, mathematics and statistics, employing techniques and blending processes from each of these disciplines.
Completion of this major will equip you with the strong computing, numeracy and analytical skills needed to prepare you for a successful career in the burgeoning world of data science.
- You will develop the ability to extract, process and analyse data sets, including Big Data – data sets too large for traditional data processing techniques.
- You will partner with industry to complete a final-year, real-life capstone project, ensuring you gain work-ready skills upon graduation.
- Skills gained will equip you for a wide variety of careers in information technology and data analysis, across many industries whether in corporate, government or not-for-profit sectors.
Major in Information Systems and Business Analysis
The Information Systems and Business Analysis (IS & BA) major is a cross-disciplinary major that aims to provide graduates with the necessary skills to pursue a career in Business Information Systems. Such a career requires the graduate to understand a wide range of areas related to information systems, information management, and information technology (IT) from both business and IT perspectives.
- Students develop skills and experience in information creation, storage, retrieval, quality and management in an organisational context.
- Students also will develop the ability to apply skills to both structured and unstructured problems, which is achieved through the application of concepts to real-world problems and engagement with their peers, both individually and in groups.
Games Design and Development
Angry Birds. Candy Crush. Minecraft. Call of Duty. Grand Theft Auto. Thanks to each of these, the gaming industry today is worth billions of dollars. And thanks to the proliferation of handheld devices, gaming is more accessible than ever before with people of all ages, genders and backgrounds able to get their game on.
With a thorough grounding provided in software design and development, as well as specialist units that critically appraise video games as designs and cultural media products, this course equips you with the skills you’ll need for a successful career designing and creating the next wave of popular video games and virtual worlds.
- You’ll study all aspects of video games design, development and appreciation while gaining broad programming and software engineering skills and knowledge.
- The teachings in software design and development are equivalent to those in the Software Technology major of the standard Bachelor of Information Technology.
- You’ll undertake a final-year project to practice your knowledge, which forms part of a portfolio that you can show to potential employers.
- This is the only university degree available in video games in New South Wales that combines technical skills with a critical understanding of video games.
Apply or get more information about Macquarie’s Information Technology Courses.Speak With Us Today
|Macquarie University ASEAN Scholarship||A$10,000|
|Macquarie University Alumni Scholarship||10% Off Tuition Fees|
|ASEAN Partner Scholarship||Up to A$15,000|
|MGSM Scholarships and Awards||Up to A$25,000|
|Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship||100% Up to 4 Years|
Need help with your studies to Macquarie?Speak With Us Today
*Note: The indicated course fees is per annum based and based on completing a standard full time study load. Fees may increase yearly.