Thompson Rivers University is a leading study destination for international students in Canada. Enrolment for International students now exceeds 2,000 students from 85 nations worldwide.
It is the fourth-largest public university in British Columbia and one of six research universities in British Columbia.
Thompson Rivers University was founded in 1970, public, degree-granting university.
The university has over 13,000 students, 17,000 distance students, and 2,000 international students from 85 countries.
Serving a community of 100,000 people the beautiful main campus is located in the heart of Kamloops, British Columbia.
Why Choose Thompson Rivers University?
- Thompson Rivers University offers options to work on and off-campus. It also provides a Co-op (Paid Internship) program, where students can gain career-related work experience before graduation.
- The university has Award-winning student services for international students, as well as on-campus medical and counselling services.
What to study?
- Thompson Rivers University offers a wide range of programs for international students. Over 140 programs, ranging from Master’s Degrees, Post-Baccalaureate Diplomas, Bachelor Degrees, Certificates and more.
- Some of the popular courses offered by the university include Business and Economics, Tourism, Science, Computer Science, Health Sciences, Nursing, Arts, Education, Social Work and Human Services, Education, Law, Trades and Technology.
Thompson Rivers University has ten main faculties for students to explore, where they will also find the perfect degree program for them.
The university offers international students scholarships. The number of awards available varies depending on the grant awarded to Thompson Rivers University.
Here are some of the popular scholarships available for international students:
- International Athletic Scholarship
- Engineering Scholarships
- TRU Law International Student Award
- International Social Media Ambassador Awards
Study at Thompson Rivers University to get a full Canadian higher education experience from the third-largest city(Kamloops) in British Columbia outside of Vancouver.