The world is moving forward in every aspect. Countries are now relaxing their rules, businesses are beginning to get back to normal and the unusual routine of life is now becoming a thing of the past. Slowly, yet surely, everything is falling into place, and, the higher education sector certainly isn’t holding back anymore either.
The UK is Moving Forward and So Should You!
Many countries and Universities are now proactively taking measures to support international students. If you are someone who is waiting to resume your study abroad plans in the UK, then it's a pretty good time to kick-start!
Why Precisely the United Kingdom?
Universities in the UK are globally recognized for providing high-quality education and their contribution to providing solutions to contemporary world issues through intensive research. The universities have earned an excellent reputation for courses such as STEM, Law, Accounting, Medicine and Architecture. It is also a world leader in literature.
Generally, the common intake for the UK happens in September. The UK also has a standardised portal called UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admission Service). Through this, you have the opportunity to choose and apply to your top 5 preferred universities.
The clearing month begins after the 30th of June, where you can apply directly to the university. In this case, you don’t have to go through the UCAS portal. Hence, students will also receive the offer from the university faster.
You can apply during the clearing month only:
- If you haven’t received any university offer after 30th June
- If you have scored an inadequate grade (university requirements not met)
- Apply to university after 30th June
In case you have received a university offer but decided to change your mind after the 30th of June, then you must reject the offer before entering the clearing stage.
Wondering How to Apply and What to Be Aware of?
If you have initially applied through UCAS but didn’t receive any offer, contact the preferred universities directly through email or call and ask about the course availability, eligibility, and qualification. Every university has a quota for each of the courses. Hence, you need to ask if they have enough seats available beforehand. The universities will respond to you at the earliest through email or call if they can provide you with an offer, based on the situation.
Here are a few things to note:
- The student may not be able to enter their preferred university in case of a last-minute enrolment.
- For A-level students, the result comes out in August. Hence, they will have to use the forecast result to apply beforehand, which is before the 30th of June.
- If the actual result does not meet the university requirements, the students won’t receive an offer. In this scenario, students would have to enter the clearing stage.
- Not clearing stage for courses like Dentistry, Medicine or Veterinary. Students must apply a year before (by the 15th of October).
AECC is Your Guide!
Chop chop and get in touch with us before the time runs out! Learn in detail about the educational institutions, the various courses they offer, financial aids and more. Contact us and we’ll guide you throughout the process!