Merdeka Awards 2021 for Outstanding Malaysian Students
The Merdeka Awards is sponsored by the Australia Malaysia Business Council SA Inc to award exceptional international students from Malaysia. This event is organized to improve and expand relationships between Malaysia and South Australia and contribute to the mutual benefit of both countries that will result in business and professional development.
The awards are supported by some of the leading South Australian companies who contribute to the two-way engagement between Malaysia and South Australia. The AMBC SA Business Partner Organizations provide both financial assistance and in-kind support.
There are three AMBC SA Merdeka Awards –
- Sir Eric Neal Award $1500, a trophy and a certificate
- $1000, a trophy and a certificate
- $750, a trophy and a certificate
The eligibility criteria for 2021 have been changed. Read the revised criteria below:
- Applicants must be Malaysian citizens when applying
- Currently reside in South Australia
- Currently pursuing final year or completed undergraduate or postgraduate qualifications the previous year in one of the three South Australian public universities
- Contribute to improving the ties between South Australia and Malaysia
- Show experience with the wider community
- Have exceptional academic achievements
- Be available to attend the Merdeka Gala Dinner on 28th August 2021 (in Australia)
- Malaysian graduates or students who hold a permanent resident visa.
- Graduates who have moved interstate or overseas
- Previous Merdeka Awards Winners
Each referee must complete a letter of recommendation and submit it to the AMBC SA Secretary before 05:00 PM on 30th June 2021. Applications should make sure that their referees’ letters of recommendation are sent by the closing date. All winners will be notified by 05:00 pm Monday, 2nd August 2021.
Note: Letters of recommendation sent directly by the applicant will not be accepted.